Welcome to Sydney’s Premier Piano Teaching Studio
Le Piano Academy is Sydney’s premier piano teaching studio that offers professional piano and music theory tuition. Located in Dulwich Hill, in Sydney’s inner west and established in 2002 by Huy Le, we teach students from 5 years of age at all levels from beginner to intermediate and advanced. We take pride in our ability to deliver a high standard of music education in a vibrant and welcoming learning environment.
Learn To Play Piano
Our piano music classes are designed to suit all musical tastes and piano skills. Whether you’re a beginner, an advanced piano student or you just want to learn the piano for fun or pleasure, we can help you meet your goals.
Love To Perform
While learning to play piano is great, having the opportunity to perform is far greater. We hold professional piano recitals annually. It is a time where our students to can shine in front of proud parents, family and friends.
Having taught hundreds of piano students from all walks of life over a 16-year period at various music schools in Sydney, Huy Le has a wealth of experience both as a professional pianist and as an engaging piano teacher.
Unlike many music schools in Sydney that offers “fresh”, “unique”, “innovative”, “advanced”, “accelerated” and “yadi yadi yada” music programs and teaching methods which sounds lovely, exciting and very pretty to the untrained musician or a beginner looking for lessons. Don’t be fooled, we live in a technological age, where it is easier to record, film and upload music performances on your smart phone than to boil an egg, we as a teaching studio would rather let our students’ piano playing and music performance skills do our talking. As always, the proof is in the pudding.
Why Learn Piano From Us?
- Learn to play the piano from a qualified and full-time piano teacher, holds a Bachelor of Music (Piano Performance) degree from the prestigious Sydney Conservatorium of Music and an Associate of Music in Pianoforte from the Australian Music Examinations Board.
- Thirty-two years of experience as a pianist and 16 years of teaching experience, with more than 23,000 individual lessons taught. We learned a long time ago: “If you want something done well, do it yourself.” We do not employ inexperienced piano tutors who are still learning their craft and/or are currently studying at university with a non-Music Performance major.
- We are meticulous when preparing our students for AMEB piano exams, Eisteddfords and music recitals. Our preparation is second to none. Our students will feel confident and relaxed, and they’ll enjoy the thrill and excitement of playing the piano in front of an audience.
- ‘Old School’ values. We teach our young students the value of hard work, respect, to always stay humble and to love and appreciate music. Not only do they become good musicians, but more importantly they become great young people.
Approach & Teaching Methods
- Our friendly, down-to-earth, and progressive teaching approach, while still respecting the classical traditions of the French and Russian schools of Piano Playing, allows us to cater to students of all learning abilities and personalities, with individually tailored programs to suit all students.
- We’re proud to be able to offer proven piano methods that have been tried and tested for over 150 years. We consider the hand and finger as an extension of the keyboard. This technique allows our students to produce a beautiful cantabile sound with ease, as well as breathtaking fluency when playing fast and difficult passages.
- Our beginner piano classes for children and adults will give our students a solid foundation on the fundamentals of music, such as: learning to read music notation and rhythm training. We place a strong emphasis on developing aural skills, as well as encouraging positive and effective practice methods.
- Our Contemporary Piano Course will teach our students basic music theory, which is very useful when playing popular contemporary music. This includes: sound knowledge of piano chords, learning chord structure and progressions, as well as learning to improvise on fun and easy piano songs.
Ready to start taking piano lessons?
We offer all new students one free trial piano lesson. If you’re looking for an experienced, engaging and expert piano teacher, and want to learn how to play the piano or need music theory tutoring. Feel free to call us in Sydney on (02) 9559 8638, contact us or enrol online.
We’re only ten minutes from Ashbury, Ashfield, Belmore, Campsie, Canterbury, Croydon Park, Earlwood, Five Dock, Haberfield, Hurlstone Park, Leichhardt, Lewisham, Lilyfield, Marrickville, Newtown, Petersham, Stanmore and Summer Hill.